Saturday, February 25, 2012

How can I hint at this character for an audition?

I'm trying out for Belle in the school play, Beauty and the Beast.

My theatre teacher, when asked, said the best thing to wear to a performance is something that HINTS- but isn't a costume- at your character. I'll probably do my hair like hers, though im blonde:P But everyoneeee is gonna do their hair like hers, I just know it. I'm a very creative person, but I just want some opinions and an answer that thinks outside the box (: THXHow can I hint at this character for an audition?What does Belle DO?- This should inspire you to think about who she really is and what qualities she possesses. How does stand? Is she boastful?(No, but Gaston is) How does she speak? Is she loud and overbearing or is she more quiet and reserved. How does she walk? Is she graceful? These types of things will indicate which character you truly want to be. When I acted in highschool, my director always knew who I wanted to be. Not because of what I was wearing, but because of my confidence in my character.



Best of Luck! Go get em! :)





P.s- The best thing that you can wear is a Smile! Belle always smiles!How can I hint at this character for an audition?You don't have to wear a costume to have your outfit hint at it. Where nice pants, like corduroys or nice, neat jeans. Where a conservative, pretty blouse, blue or yellow if you have it. Just make sure you look and act very sweet and inspired. And yes, do you hair in braides or some other belle-like style you have planned. Good luck!
  • nada boats
  • college books
  • boston market menu
  • mediterranean recipes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment